CLASSES AND PROGRAMS
We have educational programs for students from infancy to 13 years
Childcare and Early Education in Markham
If you are looking to for quality education programs in Markham that strives to enhance a child’s grasping power and self-esteem, you have come to the right place! At Sunrise Montessori School, we believe the earlier you start your child’s schooling, the better it is for him/her. Early schooling helps your child to take advantage of the pivotal sensitive periods of learning that occur between birth and six years of age. For eligible children from infancy to 10 years of age, we offer childcare fee assistance. Call us to learn more about the eligibility criteria.
We offer educational programs for children between infancy and 8ᵗʰ grade. Our programs are as follows:
- Infants (newborn to 18 months old)
- Toddler (18 months to 2½ years old)
- Casa (2½ to 6 years old)
- Elementary (6 to 13 years old)
- French Immersion (2½ to 6 years old)
- Summer Camp (2½ years old and above)
- After-School Activities (2½ years old and above)
Essential Skills for Lifelong Learning
All of our Montessori material is designed to build essential skills and concepts that help with the cognitive, social, creative, emotional, and physical development of your child. These materials are intended to facilitate your child to be a successful learner for life! The end-of-term report or progress assessment of your child will follow his or her years at Sunrise Montessori. We will review these reports with you through the parent/teacher interviews.
Classes and Programs for Students from Infancy to 13 Years
The duration of classes varies depending on the age of your child. However, before-school and after-school programs are available at an additional cost! We can broadly classify them into the following categories:
- Infant students are enrolled from newborn up to 18 months for full-time session.
- Toddler students are enrolled on a 12-month basis for the morning or afternoon session.
- Preschool students may enroll in a 10-month program with Summer Camp options.
- Primary students attend school five days a week for either full-time/morning/afternoon sessions.
- Junior and senior elementary students attend school from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- We offer summer camp and after-school programs for children aged 2½ years through 13 years. These are separate activities from our academic school year program.