ENHANCE YOUR CHILD’S POTENTIAL
Make the most of the formative years
Your Top-Rated Private School in Markham
Sunrise Montessori School is proud to be part of the history of private schools in Markham which have contributed significantly to educational choice in our community. Smaller class size, access to individualized attention, and parent involvement are features that attract students, parents, and teachers to private education. As well, private schools can offer unique programs based on religious, philosophical, and educational approaches.
Salient Features of our Staff Are:
- Every headteacher is, or becoming a registered Early Childhood Educator (R.E.C.E) with the College of Teachers or possesses a diploma in Montessori education
- Every team member is first aid and CPR qualified
- Every team member is subjected to a criminal reference check and extensive health check
- The professional chef who serves healthy, balanced, and nutritious meals every day
- Qualified music teacher and Mandarin teacher
As a champion of Montessori education, our school was founded in 1988 as a private, incorporated, non-sectarian school. We have been operating in the city right from the start, becoming one of the top-rated private schools in Markham. Sunrise Montessori School has earned awards and attention, including:
- “The Best Private School in the York Region” by Readers’ Choice in The Sun
- “One of the Best Montessori Schools in the GTA” by City Parent Readers’ Selection Awards
- One of the few Montessori schools in GTA to offer the French immersion program
A Leading Montessori School in Markham
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Sunrise Montessori School used a method of education that has been refined and enhanced for over 70 years. Through dedication to developing a love for lifelong learning, our school continues to be one of the leading Montessori schools within the Markham area. Its longevity may be explained in no small measure by the confidence and trust placed in its programs and directress by two generations of parents of young children in the York Region districts.
Montessori: Nurturing Children from Infancy to Elementary School
In the course of its history, SMS has been served by highly experienced classroom directresses. Under the personal guidance and mentoring of our Master Teacher and Montessori Training Institute Director, Dr. Daniel Jutras, SMS has made tremendous improvements to promote the highest standards in education per the MACTE standards. Our students, from preschool through upper elementary school, learn in an enriched classroom environment as we have added more interesting and exciting Montessori materials, and overall made the Montessori curriculum mandatory for all students. We have also added new infant and toddler classes in keeping with Dr. Maria Montessori’s core belief that the most important part of intellectual growth begins at birth.
If you have questions about our Classes and Programs, we invite you to visit our Montessori private school in Markham, or please contact us by phone or email.